9.30.2012

A Day of Art and Family





Sweater | J.Crew, leather jacket | consignment shop, corduroy pants | American Eagle, boots | I.N.C., purse | Dooney & Bourke, scarf | Forever 21, sunglasses | Urban Outfitters, watch | Fossil, jewelry | J.Crew & gift from friend


This morning my parents and I got up early and hit the road and traveled to the west side of the state for Art Prize. Of course, a day wouldn't begin right in our family without bagels! We found an Einstein Bros. Bagels at one of the exits and loaded up on delicious carbs and coffee. When we visit our cousins in the South, we go to Einstein's every morning for breakfast and I always get their Vanilla Hazelnut coffee. So delicious!

 Once we made it to Grand Rapids, we met up with my sisters and immediately went downtown to check out the art on display. Instead of me explaining each piece, I'll let my photos do the talking :)

Stick horses running through Grand River

Crow made from car tires
Delicious "egg sammy" from a street vendor


 Painting covered in the words from letters of fallen soldiers that never made it back to their loved ones, written in Hebrew. Image on right is what the script is written on, creating this image of mountains...words helping the artist make sense of the dark
Incredible pencil drawing that spanned 36 feet

















No comments:

Post a Comment