9.28.2012

It's the weekend!

Beautiful, crisp autumn morning with signs of the change of season in the leaves
Crisp mornings mean coats are acceptable, even if it is going to be 70 degrees later :)

After completing my first week of working full-time, I feel like I can finally use the phrase TGIF and actually mean it. Work was creeping by slowly today and I didn't think I was going to make it all the way through the day...that is, until the wine cart showed up.

5 o'clock now starts at 4 o'clock

The CEO of the company where I work owns a vineyard and sells his wine as a side business. On birthdays and special events he gives his bottles of wine as gifts to employees. Today he decided to make everyone sangria. I'm not exaggerating when I say that there was enough sangria to fill a 60 quart igloo cooler, because that is exactly what they used to store it in as HR wheeled it around and handed it out. If you weren't into red wine sangria, there was another 60 quart cooler of white wine.

I myself am a sangria fan and enjoyed a small cup of it during what should have been my final hour of work. I say should have been because I didn't have any work left at 5 but that sangria was so strong I wasn't comfortable driving home! Luckily I had training tests I had to complete and spent an hour working on those as I let my head get a little less foggy :)






After work I came home to have dinner with my parents and grandma, then I went to Best Buy to look at cameras. I came this close to buying one, but I want to wait another week or two so that I don't completely drain my bank account with this investment. I then returned home where I've been hanging out with my cat staring lovingly into each others eyes (sadly this is true) and watching/listening to the New York Philharmonic on PBS. Be jealous of my Friday nights.

It's love.
Kitty high fives
This weekend my parents and I are heading out to the west side of the state to visit my sisters and check out Art Prize in Grand Rapids. I don't know a great amount about it, but I do know that At Prize is a competition in the city where artists and sculptors display their work throughout the city and the people that come to view the art vote on the pieces they like the most and the winner receives I believe $250,000. The art is all throughout the city including in different buildings, so it's an awesome way to check out what Grand Rapids has to offer and also experience good art and culture! I'll be sure to post pictures of the pieces that I liked the most when I return :)

Outfit of the day: Shirt | Loft, Sweater | Talbots, (Not shown) Jeans | Forever 21, Boots | I.N.C., Earrings | Pearl Paradise (Gift from parents), Necklace | vintage store find



No comments:

Post a Comment