2.06.2013

The Neutral Zone

The Neutral ZoneFrom left to right:

Jackets: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5
Shirts/Cardigans: 1 // 2 // 3 (need this t-shirt!) // 4 // 5
Jeans: J Brand
Shoes: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

From left to right: As soon as I purchased my plane ticket to Europe, I immediately began searching on Pinterest to see what sort of fashion and clothing Europeans wear. I'm one of those people who does not want to stick out like a sore thumb in places unfamiliar to me, so serious the clothes I pack for my trip. 

The first thing I noticed right away was the color choices in clothing, or lack thereof is more like it. Nearly every picture I found featured a tall, leggy girl dressed in layers of neutral colors and a scarf or statement necklace to complete their look. If they were wearing a more playful color it usually was used as an accent, like with the scarf or their shoes or purse.

I've always been more drawn to wearing brights (which is probably why I'm drawn to J.Crew...I'm like a moth attracted to the light in that sense), but there is something about wearing all neutrals that feels cool, edgy, classy, and glamorous all at once. After looking through those pictures, I felt inspired to come up with my own ideas on how to pull together a neutral ensemble. *p.s. Can you tell I'm obsessed with moto jackets as of late? ;)*




No comments:

Post a Comment